Kitchen Remodeling Project
It’s party time! With cooler weather on its way and the holiday season upon us, your kitchen is starting to see more action than it has all year. Whether you’re planning a Halloween party or mapping out how to tackle this year’s Thanksgiving feast, a kitchen remodel may need to make its way onto your to-do list. When it comes to hosting guests, your kitchen is the central nervous system of your home where people gather, converse, drink and eat. Here are a few ideas for your kitchen remodeling checklist that will make your space ideal for entertaining.
Time to show off your kitchen remodeling!
I just wanted to tell you what a pleasure it was to work with David on our kitchen remodeling and how extremely pleased we are with the results. David carefully listened to what we wanted to do, prepared a beautiful set of concept drawings that showed us what everything would look like, and made suggestions and recommendations on the details of the remodeling without being pushy. He was always checking on the progress of the work and was available to either come by the house or call us to discuss issues or questions as they came up during the construction. The project was completed ahead of schedule, with even a few unexpected “perks” thrown in which only added to the finished product. We just wanted to let you know how much we appreciated his efforts. In addition, all of the subcontractors were very talented, efficient, and considerate while working in and around the house and did a fantastic job. Once again thank you so very much.
Joe and Nancy
We’ve seen many trends in kitchen design come and go over the years, but 2018 has been a solid year for incorporating both style and practicality into the kitchen, and we anticipate these trends to roll over into the next few years to come. From smarter material choices and lower maintenance solutions to better storage and pet-friendly options, we’ve covered a few of our favorite trends.
- Island BarWhen your guests arrive, the first place they tend to gather is around the kitchen island. With snacks and drinks set out, this keeps your guests away from working counter and cooking areas, but close enough for conversation, so you can more easily move around your space to act as both chef and social host. An open layout with designated areas for guests to sip and socialize makes great use of the square footage in your kitchen.
- Double OvenWhen preparing for a large dinner party, imagine the time you will save by being able to cook the turkey and the pie at the same time! When thinking about a kitchen remodel, make sure you carve out space for a double oven. Even beyond preparing for parties, the double oven will transform your entire cooking experience as you are able to prepare several dishes at once, saving you time during your daily dinner prep.
- Custom Drink StationA classic wine rack, under-counter refrigerator, and open shelves for glasses and drink fixings provide another interesting focal point and gathering spot for guests to mingle and serve themselves as they await the main course. You can also use this area to act as a private bartender at your party.
- Hidden StorageThe trash can be an eyesore in your kitchen, but you can keep it hidden and free up more space by building a pull-out trash storage to you island or counter. You can also create small, narrow vertical drawers between your cabinets or even below them that can store your spices and utensils—your guests won’t even be able to spot them!
- Final ThoughtsA kitchen remodel will not only add great value to your home, but will also elevate your parties and gatherings, making you love your job as host even more. Home Style Builders, is your kitchen remodeling contractor in Los Angeles, CA. Call (888) 744-2929 today to begin planning your dream kitchen!
Sometimes, trends are more than just fleeting novelties. When a design trend—especially in the kitchen—provides convenience, style, and functionality, we say it’s definitely worth exploring for your next kitchen remodel.